SketchCop® Academy is the training platform for SketchCop®’s signature course – “Creating Digital Faces for Law Enforcement”. Our goal is to train the next generation of digital police sketch artists in the use of our SketchCop® Facial Composite System software app.
Our courses are an excellent supplement for those who want to apply their art skills toward or add an ancillary skill to their careers in law enforcement or forensics.
- Experienced forensic artists may also attend our training as an opportunity to enhance their skills.
- All courses are developed and taught by world-renowned Forensic Facial Imaging Expert and Certified Forensic Artist Michael W. Streed.
- For a schedule of upcoming webinars and/or live training consult our Upcoming Events Calendar.
- For a selection of self-paced SketchCop® Academy Courses CLICK HERE.
To learn about upcoming training opportunities, subscribe to our mailing list.
Will You Be Attending a 'LIVE' SketchCop® Webinar?
Take a moment to download the required app and review the below minimum system requirements to ensure the best experience possible.
Download the GoToMeeting App
SketchCop® Facial Composite System will easily run on your desktop PC, laptop or Windows O/S mobile computer. The platform you choose depends on how you’ll use the software. Considering the competitive price of our software, why not opt for a desktop license for in-station interviews and a mobile platform license for rapid field deployment? Having two licenses ensures you are well-covered regardless of the situation you’re faced with.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Processor: Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support
- Operating system: Windows 10, Mac and Linux. Requires Java
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: A dedicated graphics card is a “nice to have” but not necessary
- Monitor resolution: 1280 x 800 display
- Hard disk space: less than 1GB (including Java size)
- Internet: required for software activation
Users should also consider the Wacom Digital Pen Tablet and GIMP photo editing software to enhance their user experience.
For more information about SketchCop® Facial Composite System, refer to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Windows 7 – Windows 10
- Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) – macOS Big Sur (11)
- Linux/Ubuntu (Web App only)
- Google Chrome OS (Web App only)
- iOS 11 – iOS 13
- Android OS 5 (Lollipop) – Android 10
Web browser (Applies to Web App only)
- Google Chrome v72 or newer
- Microsoft Edge v77 or newer
- Computer: 1 Mbps or better (broadband recommended) (See How much bandwidth is used during a session)
- Mobile device & Chromebook: 3G or better (WiFi recommended for VoIP audio)
- GoToMeeting app from the Apple Store, Google Play Store, or Windows Store
- 2GB of RAM (minimum), 4GB or more of RAM (recommended)
- Webcam device (if sharing)
- Microphone and speakers (USB headset recommended)**
- iPhone 5 or newer
- iPad 3rd gen or newer
Note: ** Note: Most devices have built-in speakers, but you will get better audio quality while connected via VoIP if you use a headset. You can also use your phone to dial in and connect to audio.